select “Request Account” on the left
select “login” on the right, the select “Request an AirNow-Tech Account”
Wildland Fire Decision Support System (WFDSS) Overview (1 hour)
Recommended: Lessons 1 & 2
Smoke: Knowing the Risks
video (14 minutes)
Review the Wildland Fire Personnel Smoke Exposure Guidebook (13 pages)
Smoke Blogs: See the “Smoke Blogs” section from the ARA website. Review (30 min)
Basic Wildland Fire Orientation (S-110) – video (15 minutes)
About the Wildland Fire Air Quality Response Program – (30 min)
select “Wildland Fire Air Quality Response Program”
Meteorology: Trainees without a meteorology background, or who need a refresher should take units from S-290, Intermediate Wildland Fire Behavior at the link above (you may need to create an account)
• S-290 unit 4 Basic Weather Processes (< 1 hour)
• S-290 unit 5 Temperature and Relative Humidly Relationships (< 1 hour)
• S-290 unit 6 Atmospheric Stability (3-4 hours)
• S-290 unit 7 Wind Systems (2-3 hours).
• Recommended Textbook: Dave Whiteman’s Mountain Meteorology.
• Review the BlueSky daily predictions and come prepared with questions – (30 min)
• View webinar – (1 hour)
Review the Wildland Fire Personnel Transportation Safety Guidebook (26 pages)
Note, this Guide is up for revision so comments are appreciated.
Recommend: Assignments to Area Command or Geographic Area Coordination Center